Washing leaf lettuce

I bet you think washing lettuce is difficult..

But it's really not!

What I do is rip the lettuce apart at the base and throw out the hard core.

I then pull out what I think we'll eat that night and put it under running water, piece by piece.  Doesn't take as long as you think.

Then shake it off and lay it on a kitchen towel. 

Press a kitchen towel on top of it.

Let it rest about 20 minutes, remove the top towel and let it air dry about 10 more.





One time I thought of getting a salad spinner, then thought, 'oh one more appliance to clutter up my pantry'..

And that last picture is more caramelized pecans that I put on the salad.  YUM!!


I promise this works just as well!

:-)

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?