Green leaf lettuce salad

Think REAL food!  I love to cook with REAL food!  I make my menus based on REAL food.  When The Produce Box arrives, I immediately start thinking, "hmmm, what will I use that for?"

So, the lettuce arrived in my box this week and I thought, BORING, another salad..


BUT then I remembered the fresh pears I had around the house, and I caramelized some pecans, and walaa, there was our evening dinner salad.  It was DELICIOUS.

In fact, so delicious that I didn't even use salad dressing!!!  :-)

All I did was wash the lettuce well, dry it on a kitchen towel, and rip it up.


I sliced up some fresh pears - you could use apples as well  (I just wanted to save my TPB apples for a dessert this weekend!)


I sprinkled on some of the Caramelized Pecans, and there was our salad for the evening!


You can see how much I enjoyed it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?