Sausage and peppers..

I have always been a huge sausage fan - maybe it's my german heritage?  Who knows..

Anyway, I snapped up some lite turkey sausage the other day and my daughter suggested I cook it with lots of peppers and onions.  And so I did.  And yes, it was yummy!

One pound of sausage
peppers of any sort, sliced, I used a mandoline to slice mine up as fast as possible!
onions, sliced
olive oil

I used a large dutch oven, heated olive oil in it and then threw the sausage in as well as the peppers.  I had to add water while it was cooking so it didn't dry out.

I cut the sausage into pieces about half way through the cooking time, maybe 8 minutes or so.



I served this with rice.  We both gobbled it up!


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?