fresh green beans..

My daughter LOVES fresh green beans.  I buy them in huge bags and snip and snap and cook them all the time.

Today's bountiful box held a big container of fresh beans.  YUM scrum!

I snapped them, cooked them up, and served them up with dinner.  SHE ate hers with garlic and butter, I slapped butter and fresh cracked black pepper on mine. 

Doesn't matter what you put on them, as long as you get your veggies in every day!

fresh green beans
small pot of water

Bring beans to a boil, let simmer about 7-9 minutes, depending on how soft you like the beans.

*I* do not like mushy beans, so I err on the lesser time frame..

When cooked to your liking, drain, and place in a bowl.  As I said, I like butter and black pepper, daughter uses fresh garlic and butter.. 

Enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?