Caprese salad..

So this has been a busy week for me so I am getting my post out late ;-)

Friends in town celebrating a birthday.  My birthday.  A big one ;-)

Sooo, tonight I made caprese salad, as my friend Kim begged me to make it for her.  She flies home tomorrow and wanted something light and yummy for dinner tonight..

I used fresh tomatoes and a block of mozzarella cheese.  You can use small tomatoes, large tomatoes, heirloom, any kind.



Slice the tomatoes thin.  I use a tomato knife.   Slice the cheese just as thin.  Layer in a pretty platter with sides (or the balsamic will run all over the place!)





Pour balsamic vinegar over the entire salad.  Use a lot so the cheese soaks it in.  I have also used white balsamic as it's amazing as well.





Then cut up fresh basil - I usually roll up the large basil leaves and chop finely into ribbons.  All the fresh basil I have left right now is small tiny basil so I used a herb scissors and just chopped it up fairly small.




And yes it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Enjoy :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?