Apple bundles

I was blessed to get a few apples in my box this week..

I had to pry them out of my daughter's hands as she wanted to eat them right away.  Um, no.

So, tonight when cooking dinner, I decided to throw together some apple bundles..

I cup up my special apples (both!) after peeling.  I diced them up so they would cook faster.





I took a purchased pie crust (oh the horrors!) but that's all I had an it IS a weeknight, you know!
I rolled it out a little larger and then cut it in half.

I mixed the diced apples with about 1 Tbs of splenda and 1 Tbs of sugar.  I also put in 1 tsp of brown sugar.  Mix in about 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon as well.   I cut up 2 Tbs of butter and mixed it all together.





Spray a pan with cooking spray.  Place the pie crusts on the prepared pan.





Place half the mixture on one of the sides of the pie crust, half on the other.  Pour any extra juice!
Pinch each crusts together at the top so they seal, which will keep them from drying out.

I then brushed mine with water and put a tiny big of sugar on top.

Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes or so - you can tell when they are done as the apples are then visible and are soft. 

I served warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream on top.  DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?