Field Tomatoes + Peppers + Cilantro = delicious salsa!

Easy and delicious from Neighborhood Coordinator Rachel C!

Having grown up in Texas, I crave Mexican food... a lot!!! I had discovered Cilantro coming up in my garden from last year's seed a few weeks before delivering The Produce Box sweet peppers and field tomatoes. 

Sometimes life gives lemons, last week it gave me what I needed for salsa! 

I turned the tomatoes upside down to let fully ripen for a few days and let the cilantro grow a bit more.

I have to give credit to my children (13 and 10) for helping with Taco night food prep. My daughter made guacamole while my son did most of the work on the salsa...



We used :
3 field tomatoes, a mix of the sweet peppers (about a cup or more worth), and an onion. Give them each a whirl in the food processor or chop with a knife if you prefer chunky salsa. Combine them in a bowl with the juice of 1/2 a lime (the other 1/2 of the lime was squeezed over avacado for guacamole). Mince a few garlic cloves and about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro. We added a couple pinches of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?