I have been scoring TONS of apples from The Produce Box deliveries. My daughter has been taking them for her lunch time fruit.  And I've been cutting them up for my own lunch :-)

I kept thinking what should I make with my apples..  Applesauce or apple butter?  Hmmm, decisions, decisions..  Darling Daughter (DD) is not a jam or jelly fan so I went with the applesauce.

I did NOT follow a recipe - I just "winged it"..

Here you go :-)

I peeled the apples. I bet I had at least 5 kinds! I think I probably peeled around 10 or so.


I cored them and sliced them up




I put them into the crockpot. I poured about 1/2 cup of water over the apples
I then placed about 2 Tbsp of brown sugar over the top with 1 Tbsp of Splenda. Then I poured in the cinnamon - maybe a tablespoon or two.
 



I snapped on the lid and cranked it up to high for about 5 hours


About 1/2 way through I stirred the apples

By the time dinner was ready, the applesauce was ready as well!


 


I stirred again and it made a lovely chunky sauce. I did not use an immersion blender
I tasted to make sure it was sweet enough and it was perfect!
I ate it warm. But my daughter ate it for dessert poured over ice cream!
YUMMY!!
Enjoy!

Note - I let this cool, then used it (drained off some of the liquid) as apple butter on biscuits.  Delish.  I also thought about pouring it (warmed of course) over Waffles!  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?