Hero Boxes!!!

A HUGE thank you to ALL of our local Heroes!  
  • Those who serve in our communities and make it a safe place to live!
  • Our Hero members who donated Box H's!
  • Our Area Managers and Neighborhood Coordinators who donated their time to make the special deliveries!
We'd like to share a few of our treasured experiences we had with you this week.

From the Karen T. area

My kids with the guys at Raleigh Station 2.  They especially loved it because they don't get many visitors.  Great guys, super friendly.  And they showed us the humongous HazMat truck!  They opened all the boxes and started asking about each item, making sure they knew what it was.  Asked for tips on cooking the acorn squash.  So glad I work on the recipe page so I could be a fountain of knowledge :). And they were also thrilled about the Box b/c they hadn't been to the grocery store yet.  Great job and huge thanks to all the members that donated.

From the Ashley W. area
Fuquay Varina fire department


From the Laurie R. area


A note to one of our members who donated a Box H.

Hi Amanda,

Yesterday, I delivered your Box H to our neighborhood fire station on Brier Creek Parkway.  They were very excited and very appreciative of all the fresh veggies. Thank you so much for your generous donation!

Thanks again,
Melanie











From the Jessica A. area

On behalf of Station 5, City of Raleigh F.D., I'd like to say thank you for the wonderful boxes you dropped off today!!  As a TPB member and Firefighter, I was excited to see the option this past week to donate to a local firehouse.  I know that all 3 platoons are very excited about the fresh produce we'll be eating over the next few days and weekend.  I'd be lying if I said we don't enjoy the cakes/cookies that get dropped off more often than not, but to have members of the community provide us with foods with nutritional value is fantastic!  Most people don't know that heart attacks are the #1 killer of firefighters and consistently have been for many years.  Our culture in the department is slowly but surely changing to one that is embracing better food choices and exercise.  Today's delivery to local firehouses, in my opinion, was much more than a "Thank you for what you do."
To whomever suggested this donation, THANK YOU for acknowledging us and encouraging us to make healthier decisions!
Jennifer

A note from the station:
Thank you so much for the boxes left at our EMS station on Durant Rd. The goodies are greatly appreciated and will be put to good use. 
Thanks again!!
Mallory J. Ballance

From the Grace P. area
Fire station #36
Bay leaf volunteer
The fellas were feeling the produce love!  After seeing the gorgeous romaine talked about how they were having the urge for a salad for lunch, the captain actually told me they all just completed their fitness test that morning ( they all passed). So just in time for some healthy eating!!  They loved getting the goodies!!

Went to Fire Station 14 today, Lake Boone.... The fellas were very grateful and loved their gift!!









From Tracy S. area
Same for us...they loved it!!! What a great surprise for them!!! They gave us a full tour too which made my son's day. 













From the  Jen S. area
They are so excited!!










From the Laurie R. area

Hi Courtney, 

I visited the Bay Leaf Volunteer fire department this morning. I delivered  a couple of H(ero) Boxes to them. They were SO thankful. It was a very rewarding experience and I was so proud to be involved paying it forward.  

 All in all, I just wanted to let you know it was an enjoyable and satisfying day, and I wanted to thank you for the opportunity. 

All the best,
Michelle Talley

Hi Laurie,

I finally delivered them!  The guy that opened the door was in disbelief when I told him I was delivering fresh veggies on behalf of our members!  The other three on station were also pleasantly surprised, I'd say.  I told them how enthusiastic the members were about honoring their heroes.

At any rate, two of them were more than happy to have their picture taken and psyched about the boxes. They wanted to know how they could thank the members so I invited them to check out our Facebook page - to write on our wall and also to see how much the members really got behind this program and how much they appreciated our public safety workers.

Thanks,
Rachel

Thank you for letting us serve you!  We hope you enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?