Roasted beets.



I *ADORE* beets.  The best salad in the world has beets in it, in my opinion.  LOL  I would eat them every day if I could!

So, I made this up the other day as I had beets to cook.  Pretty darn yummy if I must say so myself!

Preheat oven to 400.   Wrap about 2-3 beets (mine still had stems/greens on
and were NOT peeled) in heavy duty foil (or double the foil) - you can make several packages - and place in a pan.  Bake for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
Turn off oven and just leave in there to continue baking.  You can tell when they are done by the fork easily piercing the skin..

Pour 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp sugar in sauce pan, stir until it's reduced, and coats a spoon..  Be careful not to cook too long - it turns into glue.  LOL

After beets are cooled, they should easily pop right out of their skins, and then cut them to bite size..

Place in a bowl, pour the glaze over the top, and then crumble goat cheese over the top.  FABULOUS!!!!








As always - ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?