Risotto.. Add your own veggies or seafood or whatever you want!

I do adore risotto!

I started making it years ago after we visited an awesome restaurant in Charleston SC, and I told my spouse "oh I can make this"..

And so I did :-)

I made this last night for family who are staying with us for a few weeks..  My daughter had said she wouldn't be home for dinner, and then after finding out I was making risotto, she changed her mind. LOL!!

Here you go:

8-10 cups HOT good quality chicken broth
¼ cup butter – do not use margarine
1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped onion
1-2 Tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
3 Tablespoons butter
1 ½ cups finely grated parmesan cheese (can use more or less to taste)
Salt and fresh grated black pepper
Extra crispy bacon bits/chopped green onions/more parmesan

1)    Bring chicken stock to a boil in saucepan, reduce heat to low, and cover to keep hot
2)    In another heavy bottomed saucepan, melt ¼ cup butter over medium low heat, add in onion and sauté until tender but not browned (10 minutes or so).
3)    Add in garlic, cook about 2 minutes.
4)    Increase heat slightly and add in the rice, stir for 1 minute.
5)    Slowly add in 1 ½ cups hot broth with a ladle, boil gently, stirring until all broth is absorbed.
6)    Add in another 1 cup broth, and stir until absorbed.
7)    Add in ½ cup broth at a time, allowing the broth to absorb before adding another ½ cup. Do this until you have used all the broth, stirring until rice is tender and creamy.  This should take about 30 minutes.
8)    Stir in 3 Tbs butter and the parmesan cheese.
9)    Season with salt and pepper

I seared scallops and put them over the top, and sprinkled bacon bits, fresh garlic chives and more parmesan over the top..











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Produce Box vs. The Produce Aisle

LOCAL LOVE February Giveaway!

Growing Practices in NC: What do They Mean?